Young Professional Music Education Internship
NJIO currently has an opening for the NJIO Young Professional Music Education Internship. It is an unusual opportunity for a young professional to learn the ins and outs of running an orchestra.
Responsibilities may include some of the following:
- Coaching and mentoring the Intermezzo Orchestra or Prelude Ensemble at rehearsals and sectionals.
- Occasional conducting responsibilities.
- Playing with the Intermezzo and Symphony Orchestras during four concerts during the season, including dress rehearsals.
- Working with our administrator, Mary Beth Sweeney, learning the administrative details of running an orchestra.
- Work with marketing director, Judy Jacobson, on publicity and promotion of the orchestra.